The recruiting process must balance the interests of prospective student-athletes and the Association’s member institutions. The NCAA recruiting bylaw is designed to promote equity among member schools in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and to shield the recruited individuals from undue pressures that may interfere with their scholastic or athletics interests.
The dates in this calendar reflect the application of NCAA Division I Bylaw 13.17.9 at the time of publication of this manual but are subject to change per Constitution 126.96.36.199 or if certain dates (e.g., National Letter of Intent signing dates) are altered.
(a) August 1 through December 4, 2011, [except for (1) below]: Contact Period
(1) November 7-10, 2011: Dead Period
(b) December5-13,2011: Quiet Period
(c) December 14-31, 2011, [except for (1) and (2) below]: Dead Period
(1) Coaches attending the AVCA annual awards banquet may have incidental contact with two-year college prospects being honored at the banquet, provided no recruiting conversation occurs. (Bylaw 13.02.5.4.1)
(2) Thursday of the Division I Women’s Volleyball Championship through the Sunday immediately following the championship (December 15-18). An institution’s authorized coaching staff members (see Bylaw 11.7.4) may evaluate on only one day and may attend only one event on that day during this period. Such an event shall occur within a 30-mile radius of the site of the championship (San Antonio, Texas). Coaches from the same institution who attend such an event shall attend the same event on the same day. Coaches shall not attend events that occur at the same time that any intercollegiate competition in conjunction with the NCAA championship occurs: Evaluation Period
(d) January 1 through July 31, 2012, [except for (1), (2) and (3) below]: Contact Period
(1) January 1-13, 2012: Quiet Period
(2) April 9-12, 2012: Dead Period
(3) May 1-25, 2012: Quiet Period
(e) The following state-specific contact and evaluation times are permissible:
(1) In those states that play the high school volleyball season in the winter, contacts and evaluations shall be permissible January 1 through the Friday prior to the Presidents Weekend Tournaments.
The National Collegiate Athletic Association March 30, 2011 SC:dks