NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program
As a core value, the NCAA believes in and is committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity among its student-athletes, coaches and administrators. We seek to establish and maintain an inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
The NCAA Postgraduate Internship is:
- A one-year program.
- Provides on-the-job learning experiences for college graduates who express an interest in pursuing a career in intercollegiate athletics administration.
- Based at the NCAA national office in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Applicant must be a college graduate from a four-year NCAA member institution by the start of the Postgraduate Internship Program on June 16, 2014.
- The NCAA Postgraduate Internship program is not designed to provide interns internship credit toward an undergraduate degree; however, with graduate school approval, an intern can be eligible to earn graduate degree credit.
Pay and Benefits
- Interns are paid salaries of $24,000, in accordance with the NCAA national office’s biweekly payroll,
- Interns are provided benefits, to include:
- Ten days of annual leave.
- Five sick days.
- Individual health and dental insurance.
- Disability and accident insurance.
- Workers compensation insurance.
Click here to read job descriptions for all available positions.
Click here to read more about a day-in-the-life of NCAA Interns.
The online application will be available September 9. The application deadline is December 6, 2013.
Click here to access the online application.
Only completed applications (including two digital letters of recommendation from endorsers, uploaded to the application prior to submission) will be considered for review. A completed application includes:
- A cover letter highlighting relevant work experience and activities;
- A resume (uploaded in the job application).
- Two endorsers, with names, titles and contact information listed;
- Two letters of reference (one from each endorser).
All applications and documents must be received online. NO documents will be accepted via e-mail, mail or fax.
NOTE: Due to the volume of applications, the NCAA does not provide updates on the individual status of a candidate's application.
Selections and Key Dates
The NCAA Postgraduate Internship program has a selection committee comprised of NCAA national office staff members from each of the different position areas. After reviewing complete applications the process is as follows:
- A search committee member from each position area will select candidates for a phone screen. (January 23, 2014)
- After the phone screen, candidates will be selected to move to an in-person interview in Indianapolis. (February 24-25, 2014)
- Final intern selections are completed. (March 14, 2014)
- Selected interns come to Indianapolis for a house hunting trip. (April 9-11, 2014)
- The 2014-15 intern class will begin on Monday, June 16, 2014.
For more information about the NCAA Postgraduate Internship program, please contact the NCAA at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 3 business days.